Greek Layer Dip
I love a layer dip y'all. I especially love a greek layer dip. Greek food is my everything and this dip is perfect for summer. It's light and fresh but spares no flavor. I take it to work a lot in the summer because it keeps well and well, because its so dang delicious.
Here's what you need:
For the hummus
- 1 can garbanzo beans - drained
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp cholula hot sauce
- Olive Oil
For the dip
- 1 can white kidney beans (aka cannellini beans)
- 1 roma tomato - seeded and diced
- 1/2 cucumber - diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives - chopped
- Feta cheese crumbles (I buy the block of feta and use about 1/4 of it)
- Blend the garbanzo beans, tahini, garlic and hot sauce in a food processor or blender.
- Slowly add in the Olive Oil until you for a paste.
- Spread the hummus over the bottom of a dish.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, olives and feta.
- Grab your favorite pita chips and enjoy!