Carne Asada Street Tacos
There's a food truck near my hometown that makes the best street tacos I have ever had in my life. This was my attempt to re-create them and I am proud to say, they're pretty darn close! I made the beef in my pressure cooker. You seriously need one... it will change your life. But if you don't have one, a slow cooker will do.
Here's what you need:
- 1 package Trader Joes carne asada seasoned steak (In the meat section)
- Beef broth
- 1 sweet yellow onion - sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion - diced
- 1 bunch cilantro - 1/2 for the cream and 1/2 chopped for garnish
- 1 large avocado
- Juice and Zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- Corn tortillas
- Start with the steak in a slow cooker/pressure cooker.
- Add the beef broth until the broth barely covers the meat.
- Add the chopped sweet yellow onion and start the time. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. (If using a pressure cooker select the meat/stew option and add 5 minutes)
- In the meantime mix together the greek yogurt, cilantro, lime and avocado in a food processor or blender until smooth. Store in the fridge until you're ready to make the tacos.
- When the meat is done, take it out of the slow cooker/pressure cooker and shred it.
- Top your tortillas with the meat, then the chopped red onion. Drizzle the cream over the top and sprinkle on the chopped cilantro.