Instant Pot Vegan Creamy Tomato Basil Soup
I just recently finished the 21 Day Daniel Fast. No meat, no dairy, no sugar and no caffeine for 21 days. It wasn't as bad as I had built it up in my mind to be (isn't that the truth with all fears in life?) but, it was a challenge to find new and interesting ways to enjoy food and stick to the plan. This soup was a staple for me on the fast and its super healthy and super easy!
- 2 tbsp black truffle infused olive oil (you can buy it at Trader Joe's)
- 1 whole yellow onion - chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic - chopped
- 2 large tomatoes - chopped
- 1 can of tomato sauce with 1 can of water
- Fresh basil - chopped (as little or as much as you like, I like a lot and probably used about 1 cup)
- Canned coconut milk
- Salt and Pepper
- Turn your IP on the saute setting and add the olive oil, onion, garlic and a little S&P.
- After the onions are translucent, add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, and water and cover with the lid.
- Turn the IP off and then select the 'soup' option.
- Place the timer to 15 minutes on high pressure and make sure the vent on the top is placed to the 'seal' position.
- While the IP is doing its thang, chop your basil.
- When the IP is done release the pressure by moving the valve to 'venting'.
- Once the IP is done venting, remove the lid.
- Throw in your chopped basil and take the cream off the top of the can of coconut milk and add to the soup.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup, or transfer the soup to a blender and puree so its nice and smooth.
- Serve it up hot and enjoy!