Pumpkin Cornbread & Whipped Cinnamon Butter
Regular cornbread gets kicked up a notch with yummy pumpkin, baked to golden brown perfection in a cast iron skillet and topped with whipped cinnamon butter.
1 package cornbread mix
2 sticks of butter - softened
1 can pumpkin
1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together one stick of the butter, with the cornbread mix and the pumpkin and pour into the skillet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the bread is golden brown and a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- While the bread is baking, whip together the second stick of butter and the cinnamon.
- Top the hot bread with the butter and serve.